FRR co-founder Aimee van Wynsberghe directed an IDEA League summer school program on responsible robotics and AI. It was designed as an intensive course on the basics of robot ethics to introduce students to the importance of the field and its applications. The program was hosted at TU Delft and welcomed 19 students from 9 countries. On the final day of the program, students in groups presented on the subject “What does responsible robotics mean to you,” introducing ideas for a home healthcare robot, a standardization program for robotics companies, autonomous public transport, and more.
- Aimee van Wynsberghe, Assistant Professor of Ethics and Technology, TU Delft
- Johanna Seibt, Professor of Philosophy, Aarhus University
- Denise Soesilo, Advisor on UAVs
- Tina Comes, Delft Technology Fellow and Professor, University of Agder, Norway
- Noel Sharkey, Emeritus Professor of AI and Robotics, University of Sheffield
- Kristen Thomasen, Assistant Professor of Law, Robotics and Society, University of Windsor, Canada
- Barry Fitzgerald, Postdoc in the Intensified Reaction and Separations Systems groups, TU Delft